Chief Executive Officer
Nicholas is the Chief Executive Officer of DAA International which is part of the DAA Group. DAA International is an International airports operator, investor and advisor who are active in the Middle East, Asia Pacific and European markets.
Nicholas was previously Managing Director at Terminal 5, King Khalid International Airport, Riyadh. Prior to KKIA, Nicholas held a number of senior appointments in the UK and Middle East. These include leading Heathrow’s Terminal 5 and Head of Games accountable for the planning and operations at Heathrow for the 2012 London Olympics.
Nicholas has also worked as an independent consultant for International Olympic Committee advising on airport capacity for sporting events, including the Rio 2016 and PyeongChang 2018 Games.
- Led KKIA’s Terminal 5 to record service scores whilst growing passenger numbers by 8%.
- Delivered the 2012 Games Programme for Heathrow Airport resulting in record service scores for one of the World’s busiest airports whilst handling record passenger numbers.
- Negotiated and managed the London 2012 Olympic Sponsorship deal for Heathrow Airport.
- Led the governance and efficiency team for Heathrow’s Airport 9 strategic programmes delivering key assets such as Terminal 2, Terminal 3 Baggage System, Terminal 4 upgrade and operation resilience.
- Recovery of Heathrow’s Terminal 5, post opening disaster, working closely with British Airways to switch all remaining flights to the new asset culminating is winning the Worlds Best Terminal award.
- Grew traffic at Stansted Airport from 19 to 24 mppa through a strategic change programme focussed on efficiency and forming win / win partnerships with LLC’s.