Lorenzo Di Loreto
VP Sales & Marketing
Munich Airport International GmbH (MAI)
Mr. Lorenzo Di Loreto has gathered vast experience in the airport, aviation, travel and engineering industry over the past 16 years. Having spent his first career years with Air France, Royal Air Maroc and Airbus, he took on the position Associate Director at Samsung C&T in 2011. In this role, he developed the business unit for pursuing of airport construction, concession and investment (PPP) projects. Five years later, he joined the international business team of Munich Airport.
As the international management, consulting and training business of Munich Airport was centralized in a wholly-owned subsidiary Munich Airport International GmbH (MAI), Mr. Di Loreto was appointed Vice President Sales & Marketing. In this position, he is one of the driving forces behind the sales, marketing and business development team. MAI offers a broad range of services from planning to operations as well as the overall management of airports.
- Head of all sales and marketing activities at MAI for commercialization and delivery of airport consultancy, training and management services worldwide.
- Key Account Manager at MAI for projects in Asia, Americas and Middle East.
- Developed business unit for pursuit of airport construction, concession and investment (PPP) projects, including implementation of new business models, go-to market strategies, project assessment frameworks and knowledge dissemination programs.
- Led front-end business and project activities such as sourcing, business case analysis, feasibility study (F/S), risk assessment, due diligence (DD), partnership and contract negotiations.
- Led dozens of green and brownfield project pursuits in Australia, Brazil, India, Indonesia, Iran, Mexico, Nigeria, the Philippines, Qatar, Turkey, the USA, the UAE and Vietnam.
- Co-developed a cross-functional scenario planning study with horizon 2030-2040 to help identity and implement changes in business model, product policy, services and global footprint.
- Prepared business cases with regard to go-to market strategies, mergers and acquisitions (M&As) and development of ancillary revenue streams.