Eng. Sulieman Al Bassam
Assistant President of Airports
A visionary leader at the forefront of the ICT industry in Saudi Arabia, Sulieman is one of the well recognized pioneers in the early adoption of digital technology transformation at national level. With more than 25 years of work experience in the business transformation domain, He is an indelible mark in the ICT industry in Saudi Arabia with a strong track record of developing and empowering Saudi ICT talents and leading the ICT sector in organizations.
- leading the privatization of GACA airports IT sector & oversaw the establishment of Saudi Aviation Information Technology Company “SAVIT”, which was launched earlier in 2017.
- strategizing, leading and modernizing the ICT infrastructure, operation and support across 27 airports in KSA. At the core of this program, was the implementation of a multi-company Oracle ERP system with a wide footprint of modules covering Finance, HR, Supply Chain, and Asset Maintenance.
- Implementing an integration platform that enabled real time collaboration with several complementary government entities to enhance business value, strengthen internal control, and improve security and safety. He also worked on adopting and implementing leading integrated solutions and practices to reinforce GACA cyber security and business continuity capabilities by establishing cutting edge Security and Network Operation Centers managed by experienced local talents.
- On the service front, he was able to implement a unified ICT call center to serve all airport requirements in a consistent and consolidated manner, thus improving response and resolution times and leading to better ICT users’ satisfaction.
- Managing $100’s of millions USD projects portfolio and overseen the IT framework of all airport projects developments.
- Creating and managing relationships with global partners are key in his mission to deliver robust innovative solutions to drive seamless traveler experience across all national airports resulting in the implementation of several airport solutions ranging from operations systems like AODB to pure traveler self service solutions like self-service check-in or boarding pass validation gates, thus driving enhanced airport flow and improved traveler satisfaction.
- The digital transformation of the KSA Minister of Defense Office, during his tenure as General Director of IT (2001-14) and Technical Department Manager (1996 – 2001).
- VP For Airports General Authority of Civil Aviation.
- VP For Airports & acting VP for Information Technology and Telecommunication - General Authority of Civil Aviation.
- VP for information technology and telecommunication - General Authority of Civil Aviation.
- Acting VP for Shared services - General Authority of Civil Aviation.
- Chief Information officer - General Authority of Civil Aviation.
- Director of IT Ministry of Defense.